Thursday, January 9, 2014

January Shred Day #9 - The Grind!

Day 9

Today is "The Grind" for me. This is going to be my most challenging day of the Shred so far...but coming off  of my extremely confident post yesterday, I am still feeling pretty good. What makes today so tough? Well...for starters, it is my second low carb day of the week. The second one is always harder for me. Next, we have a lunch and learn at work today, and the presenter is bringing in lunch. It is sure to be something tasty, that I obviously am not able to have. So...I've got my home made chicken salad w/ lettuce and spinach ready to go. To add to that, my company was recently awarded a contract, and when that happens we throw a champagne party with tons of delicious finger foods. I'll also be abstaining from all of that deliciousness. So with temptation all around me...I'm still not giving in. Focused on the goal, and trusting in the process...22 more days to go!

HOWEVER...Leigh and I have an awesome treat awaiting us tonight! We bought some 8oz Filet Mignons which we are going to pan sear and bake. I won't lie...a little bit of butter might be included :) We're also going to bake some asparagus with it. Low carb, yet DELICIOUS!!!

My Plan for Today:

4:55am - 30 minute walk / running around setting up stuff for Boot Camp
12:00pm - Chicken salad (chicken w/ light olive oil mayo and a tablespoon of sweet relish) + full serving of lettuce and spinach + 24g protein shake w/ only water :(
4:00pm - Muscle Milk Light
7:00pm - Filet Mignon + asparagus
7:45pm - Protein shake w/ milk

2 comments:

  1. I assume you are talking about the Filet Mignon? Yes, it falls within all 10 rules I setup for the January Shred. One thing you do have to keep in mind is that if you are trying to lose weight, you need to be smart about your calorie intake. The filet mignon with a slice of bacon wrapped around it is probably in the area of 600 calories. Add some butter and it could be more like 650. This is definitely higher calorie meal than if I went with a 150 calorie piece of chicken...so it is a trade off. I'm definitely not eating filet mignon every night...partly because that would cost a pretty penny...and second, that is a lot of extra calories. Overall, my calorie intake for the day will end up being about 1,500 to 1,600. I'll probably burn around 3,000 calories today, so I'm still in a caloric deficit...and there aren't any carbs in the filet.

    ReplyDelete