Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January Shred: Day 1

UPDATE:

9:18am - Had Leigh do an evaluation on me right before our leg workout. Yup...about what I expected. 11.67% body fat. A far cry from 9%. I've got some work to do! Time to workout!


8:33pm - Successful first day of the January Shred. Got in a good strength training workout, fit in all my food within my 8 hour feeding window, got in my protein, 2 servings of green veggies, and didn't eat any empty calories / junk food. I did have to explain to my wife that she couldn't drink chocolate milk after dinner if she wanted to earn all of her points. She argued with me, but come on...chocolate syrup? You're going to try to tell me those aren't empty calories? JUNK! Needless to say she doesn't want to lose to me...so she passed on the chocolate milk. I went ahead and made my low carb lunch for tomorrow...tuna salad with a bunch of lettuce, spinach and broccoli. Low carb days are no fun...but burning the fat is going to be worth it!

Day 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Is 2014 going to be the year you get in the best shape of your life? It is if you want it to be! Take it one day at a time. Follow the process and the results will come!

We have 35 people participating in the January Shred...THAT IS STINKING AWESOME!

When I thought about putting this plan together, I was hoping I could get at least 10 people interested in joining me...35 people later...and I'm PUMPED about it! I'll do my best to keep the blog updated everyday with some good info and encouragement. Every week we'll update our point standings and I hope to see a lot of 70 point weeks!


My Plan for Today

Here is my schedule for today (January 1st) along with what exercise I plan to do and the food I plan to eat:

9:00am - Strength Training: Leg Workout

12:00pm - Protein and Oats shake w/ milk + Ham + black eyed peas + sweet potatoes + possible small piece of cornbread

4:00pm - Muscle milk + apple

6:00pm - Grilled Chicken breast + roasted potatoes + side salad

7:45pm - Protein shake w/ milk

Scripture for the Day

I Peter 3:15

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! SO READY TO DO THIS!!! 2014 IS GOING TO BE A "COMEBACK" YEAR FOR US...WE ARE DETERMINED...THANKS FOR THE "PAIN"full MOTIVATION !!! Hope you don't mind but..WHEN I DO SOMETHING I GO "ALL THE WAY" WITH IT! I get INVOLVED! So, you'll probably see lots of comments from me...hahahaha :) Just ignore em...or FIND MOTIVATION IN THEM (the latter is preferred :D) Hope it's alright, I encouraged others ONE MORE TIME ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE to join in this morning...but I said they have to hurry and JOIN NOW!!! and contact you for permission..I won't be persuading anymore ;) I'm sure you've got a lot more work than expected already. Til later ! Have a GREAT 1st !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry...absolutely love the comments! Keep them coming!

      Delete