Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January Shred Day 14

Day 14

Another Tuesday...which means another low carb day for me. I don't see any major problems with the plan for today other than my walking time. I typically want to do my 30-45 minute walk right before lunch, however, we have some interviews scheduled during lunch at work today and I've got to help coordinate those. That means I can't leave and jump on the treadmill. Looks like I'll just have to get my walk in when I get home this evening. Maybe take the family out for a walk in the neighborhood. 14 days in with only 17 left to go...still going strong.

Beware of out to eat food!

Is it any wonder why during the January Shred I'm discouraging you from eating out? Even when you try to make a healthy choice, the foods you eat are just LOADED with calories. Case in point...my lunch from yesterday. I went out to lunch yesterday for a friend's birthday, and we went to Newk's restaurant. Figured a chicken sandwich and a bowl of broccoli and cheddar soup wouldn't be too bad. After all, I wasn't getting a burger, I was choosing soup instead of chips or fries, and I was drinking water, not tea or coke, and I most certainly wasn't getting a dessert. Now, this isn't my first rodeo, so I knew a bowl of broccoli and cheddar soup is going to add a few hundred calories, but I was still a little shocked when I saw the nutritional values later. That tiny little chicken sandwich with a cup of soup was over 1,500 calories! It made me think...so many people struggle with losing weight and are just dumbfounded as to why they can't do it. They tell me they eat really healthy, and make good choices in out to eat food when they eat out...but still...they can't lose the weight. Well...if you eat out regularly, this is why! Out to eat food is a nuclear bomb of calories! Even after the January Shred is over, make some lifestyle changes so that you eat out less frequently. Your body will thank you for it.

My plan for today

12:00pm - Tuna salad (tuna w/ light olive oil mayo + sweet relish) w/ spinach and lettuce + protein shake w/ water, not milk :(
4:00pm - Muscle Milk Light
5:30pm - 30 minute walk
6:30pm - Pork Tenderloin + brussel sprouts
7:30pm - Protein shake w/ milk


No comments:

Post a Comment