Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Shred Day 2

Update 9:13pm

Highly successful low carb day! Ended up hitting my meal and exercise for the day exactly as planned. I can feel the fat MELTING!! Well...not really...but obviously burned a bunch of fat today due to low carb/calories and 30 minutes of cardio. GOOD DAY! 2 down 29 to go!!!

Day 2

This is where the rubber meets the road...low carb days! I also try to go as low calorie as possible on my low carb days to promote even more fat loss. I'm definitely going to get a good shot of caffeine today because I'll be weak and tired later in the day due to the lack of carbs and low calories. Usually I am fine through lunch, but late afternoon and early evenings are a struggle. Glad I have my wife doing this with me...she'll help hold me accountable when I get home from work and will be craving carbs!

Hope everyone else got off to a good start. If not, no worries, the month just started...plenty of time to get big results!


Tips for Lunch

Had a Shredder (that's what I'm going to start calling you guys/gals who are doing the January Shred) ask me for some lunch suggestions because that is what she struggles with the most. Here are some ideas:

  • Leftovers - If you are cooking a healthy dinner with some lean proteins like chicken, etc, make extra so you can take it for lunch the next day.
  • Homemade Sandwiches - Pick up some low calorie/low carb bread and make a turkey sandwich. Throw some lettuce or spinach on it to make it more filling and to get in a serving of green veggies. If you want a larger sandwich than just putting it on plain old wheat bread, try Jewish Rye. At 14 carbs per slice, and less than 1g sugar, it is a better choice than most other premium breads.
  • Salads - Salads are filling, and by adding some grilled chicken or ham/turkey you can have a low calorie yet filling lunch that also helps you get in your veggies and protein. Just be careful with the salad dressing. Go light so you don't go crazy on all those calories.
  • Low Carb Meals - Salad as mentioned above. Also, buy some cans of tuna or chicken and you can make your own tuna or chicken salad. Add in some boiled egg whites for more protein and it becomes a much more filling meal larger meal. I usually eat my tuna or chicken salad with some salad (mix of lettuce/spinach/broccoli on a low carb day.
Hope this helps some. There are plenty of other good options, but these are usually my go to ideas for lunch.

My Plan for Today

Here is my schedule for today (January 2nd):

12:00am - 30 minute walk/jog

12:40pm - Tuna salad (canned tuna w/ a little olive oil mayo) w/ lettuce, spinach and broccoli salad. Protein shake made with water.

4:00pm - Muscle milk light

6:00pm - Baked chicken breast stuffed with spinach and pepperjack cheese + steamed broccoli and carrots.

7:45pm - Protein shake w/ milk

Total Carbs - 35g, Protein - 150g

Scripture for the Day

James 1:22 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

No comments:

Post a Comment