Thursday, January 16, 2014

January Shred Day 16

Day 16

OVER HALF WAY THROUGH THE MONTH!!! Woohoo...it's all downhill from here. Hopefully by now everyone has settled into a "routine" and has a good level of comfort with the plan. For those of you who don't know...a good number of us are planning on celebrating the completion of the January Shred with a dinner at The Melting Pot. Every day is one day close to that awesomeness! So just 15 days to go!!!

Ok...now on to today. Today is another low carb day...plus I think I'm trying to keep from getting sick...so I might be in a slightly sour mood today. BUT...I'm going to make the decision to be positive and happy instead of giving into the urge to be a grump. No one likes a grump. So today I'm going to:

  • Take responsibility for raising my energy level and enthusiasm.
  • Stay positive and remind myself of all the things I have to be thankful for.
  • Not allow myself to complain.
  • Focus on "I get to" versus "I have to."
  • Smile and Laugh as much as possible.
  • SHRED A WHOLE BUNCH OF FAT!!!

My Plan for Today

4:45am - 45 minutes of running around setting up a circuit for Boot Camp
12:30pm - Chicken salad w/ light olive oil mayo and sweet relish + spinach + protein shake w/ water
4:00pm - Muscle Milk Light
6:00pm - Ham, cheese and spinach omelets w/ 3 eggs and 3 egg whites
7:00pm - Protein shake w/ milk

Scripture for the Day

I haven't been as consistent as I'd like to be on posting daily scripture or a spiritual thought with each of my daily updates. I will do better!

James 2:14-19 (NLT)
14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”
19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?

No comments:

Post a Comment