Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Shred Day 19

Day 19

Wow what a day so far. I had the opportunity to get up on stage at church this Sunday and talk a little about physical training and how it relates to spiritual training. One of the verses I shared was Hebrews 12:11 that talks about discipline. I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't want to be healthy and be in great shape...but the reality is we Americans are more obese and have more health problems than we've ever had. So desire isn't enough...it takes discipline! I appreciate Pastor Mike Mozingo (Journey Church in Prattville) for inviting me to come up and share.

Alright...it's the beginning of a new week, and only 2 weeks left on the January Shred! Sometimes it is hard to see and feel the results you are making because change takes place gradually. That is also how some of us gain so much weight and can get out of shape...it just seems to sneak up on you. I know I've made progress on the Shred, but looking in the mirror I can't really notice much. Of course, there are still 2 more weeks, and I know the measurements will tell the real story...but I am definitely expecting to drop a % point or more of body fat. Ideally my goal is to get back under 10%. Regardless, this has been a great way for me to get back on track with better eating habits. Leigh and I have talked, and even after the shred is over, we're still going to keep up with some of the rules like planning healthy meals, low carb days, and less eating out. We both want to continue to make progress towards our goals. Of course, we're going to celebrate our successes a bit with some awesome food first :)

My plan for the day

6:45am - Coffee with allowable amount of creamer <75 calories
11:30am - Strength training (Chest & Triceps)
12:45pm - Taco soup made w/ ground turkey + protein and oats w/ milk
3:45pm - Honeycrisp apple + protein shake w/ milk
6:00pm - Chicken and blackbean tacos w/ lettuce and spinach salad on the side
7:00pm - Protein shake w/ milk

Scripture for the Day

As mentioned above, I had the opportunity to talk at church this morning, and one of the verses I talked about was from Matthew 7:24-27. I brought this up in the context that when trying to get in shape and lose weight, you have to have a plan that has a foundation for success. The wise builder had a good plan with a solid foundation. The foolish builder had a poor plan. In both cases the results were predictable. The take away...be wise and have a foundation in the truth!

Matthew 7:24-27
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

No comments:

Post a Comment