Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pre-Program Evaluation

If you missed the explanation of Intermittent Fasting and why I'm doing it...read my previous post here: http://www.majorpainmatt.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-is-intermittent-fasting-and-why.html


Each Sunday for the next 4-6 weeks I’ll weigh in, take circumference measurements, and will also take full body composition measurements (not only body fat %, but also millimeter measurements from 7 places on the body. Finally, I’ll take photos each week to see if there are any visible changes over time.

Goals I hope to accomplish:
I’d like to drop 1.25% body fat over the next 4-6 weeks, bringing my body fat % back down to 10%.
I’d like to do this without losing any body weight.
I’d like to increase muscle mass.
I’d like to retain or increase my strength at the gym.

Oh, and one more thing…Leigh has decided she wants to try this program with me! Therefore, I’ll be tracking Leigh’s weekly evaluation each week as well. She’ll follow a similar intermittent fasting plan, but her fasting window will be 14 hours instead of 16 hours.

Matt’s Evaluation #1 – Pre-Program

Weight – 192.4 lbs
Body fat % - 11.25%
Body fat lbs: 21.64 lbs
Lean lbs: 170.76
Pinch test (millimeters): Chest – 6, Abdominal – 16, Thigh – 14, Tricep – 10, Subscapular – 12, Suprailiac – 8, Midaxillary – 10.
Circumference Measurements (Inches): Bicep – 14.5, Flexed Bicep – 16, Chest 41.75, Waist 36.5, Calf – 15.25, Thigh 23.5.
*Note: Waist measurement is around the broadest part of my waist; right below the belly button where I carry all of my fat. It is my goal to reduce this measurement significantly.

 Relaxed pose

Relaxed side pose

 Flexed pose



Leigh’s Evaluation #1 – Pre-Program
Weight – 119 lbs
Body fat % - 26.65%
Body fat lbs: 31.71 lbs
Lean lbs: 87.29
Pinch test (millimeters): Chest – 13, Abdominal – 26, Thigh – 24, Tricep – 20, Subscapular – 17, Suprailiac – 20, Midaxillary – 20.
Circumference Measurements (Inches): Bicep – 10.75, Hips 37.25, Waist 30.75, Calf – 13, Thigh 20.5.

Relaxed pose

Relaxed side pose

 Flexed pose

Day 1 of the fast starts tomorrow…well…technically tonight at 8pm. No food from 8pm to 10am. I have to give a presentation tomorrow morning at 7am, so hopefully I won’t be too uncomfortable with hunger and mess that up J I’ll have an update sometime tomorrow morning.

-         -  Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment