Friday, April 27, 2012

Day #19

After leading Boot Camp this morning, I got in a quick back workout at the Heritage gym. Unfortunately, I only have about 30 minutes to get in a workout, and I don't move particularly quick when I'm working out at Heritage, so I only got 3 things in. Here is what I did this morning:

Wide Grip Pull Ups:
Body weight + 25lbs - 10 reps
Body weight + 25lbs - 8 reps
Body weight + 25lbs - 7 reps


Heavy Lawnmower Dumbbell Bench Row (one arm at a time)

90lbs - 12 reps
90lbs - 12 reps
90lbs - 10 reps 

Deadlifts:

135lbs - 8 reps (warm up)
247lbs - 8 reps
315lbs - 6 reps
337lbs - 4 reps


I was pumped after doing the deadlifts this morning. Feels awesome to be lifting heavier weight and not being afraid of it. 337lbs is the most I've ever lifted, and got it 4 times. On Monday I'll lift again. Going to try for 350 plus. I never thought I would enjoy deadlifts. Crazy.


If I still continue to see positive trends with body comp measurements, then it will be hard to convince me that Intermittent Fasting is not all it's cracked up to be. I haven't been eating nearly as clean as I should. I have had at least 1 really bad meal every week since I started, and I'm still finishing off all that frozen yogurt we have left over from the Boot Camp celebration party...so I pretty much eat a bowl every evening. I could be eating so much better...so if I'm still dropping body fat % with that in the mix...I'll be pretty impressed. Tomorrow we are shooting our final wedding as Nexis Photography. We have to be at their venue at 12, so I'll break the fast early tomorrow and eat around 10:30 or 11am. Flexibility with this program is important for adherence, and an hour or two here or there on occasion isn't going to hurt anything.


Scripture for the day:



Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.


Colossians 3:13-14 - Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment