Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day #17

New Vascularity!

I noticed some increased vascularity right over my hip bone that I know I didn’t have before. That tells me I’ve reduced body fat in that area and my veins are becoming more visible. Another thing that could be due to is the Yohimbine, which is supposed to help increase blood circulation around the stomach and can help mobilize fat from that area. It appears to be working.

Got up at 4:14am and went to Boot Camp this morning! I really didn’t do everything during camp because I was still helping lead a little bit, but I got in a decent workout, and then did a quick leg and shoulder workout on my own. I took 10g Xtend BCAAs before Boot Camp at 5:25am, then before my leg and shoulder workout I took 10g Amino Energy BCAAs. The gym where we run Boot Camp doesn’t have a free bar rack (yet) so I did squats on a bar attached to cables that lock out if you take your hands off the bar. This is more “free weight” than a Smith Machine track, but I’m still not 100% sure that the bar is 45lbs on its own. Regardless, I’m going to post the weight I did assuming the bar is 45lbs:

Squats:
135lbs – 8 reps (warm up)
245lbs – 10 reps
275lbs – 9 reps
315lbs – 4 reps
315lbs – 4 reps

Front Squats:
145lbs – 10 reps
165lbs – 8 reps
175lbs – 4 reps

I alternated taking my Yohimbine (10mg) and BCAAs (10g) every hour until lunch at 12pm. Had a pretty good lunch, but ended up eating more fat grams than I needed to. I decided to get a footlong melt at Subway instead of a Turkey and Ham. Wish I wouldn’t have done that because my fat content would be half what it is for the day so far. Here is lunch – 1590 calories, 215g carbs, 90.5g protein, 44g fat. Afternoon snack was: 830 calories, 121g carbs, 40g protein, 14g fat. Dinner...too tired to look that up right now, but I'm going to guess with my smoothie that I just ate, 1,200 calories, probably 200 carbs, 40g protein, and 10g fat.

Scripture for today:



Matthew 6:25-34
  25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
   28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


I've been a little stressed at work lately with some urgent staffing needs...and I really needed this passage of scripture. Maybe it will speak to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment