Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day #11

8:15am Update:

Leigh went to the gym this morning, so since I couldn't get my work out done this morning, I am going to go at lunch today. Today is chest/triceps day, and the fitness center here at work only has dumbbells up to 50lbs, so I won't be tracking the workout. However, I can still get a really good workout in with lighter weight by modifying movements to make the lifts harder, and go REALLY SLOW through the range of motion. The eccentric (negative) phase of muscle contraction can produce just as much, if not more hypertrophy (growth) as the concentric. So, if you are slinging weights around at the gym, and not resisting the force to keep your movements controlled...you aren't benefiting yourself as much as you could. I remember probably 2 years ago trying to curl 45lb dumbbells, thinking I was really doing something. I would sling them up, and let them fall back down. I'm much stronger now, but haven't done a curl with anything over a 40lb dumbbell...and most of the time I'm using 35's, 30's, and 25's. Keeping the tension on the muscle through the entire range of motion is the way to go.

This morning all I'm taking is the Yohimbine on an every other hour schedule (7am, 9am, 11am), and then will take some BCAAs at 12pm and do a short 30 minute workout. Lunch will begin immediately after the workout. I brought slightly less food today than yesterday. Hoping to trim just a few calories today, then load back up heavy on the calories again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment