Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day #7 - Week 1 Evaluation

It's been one week, time to check the progress and see how things are going! I'm fairly pleased with this first week because my initial goal was to start off with a 14 hour fast, and only do that Monday - Friday. I ended up being able to do the full 16 hour fast each day, and was able to continue through the weekend. Adherence to the program was my #1 goal, and thus far it hasn't been a problem. My #2 concern is/was how much food to eat. One of my primary concerns was not being able to eat enough calories to maintain my weight, but after my weigh-in today that hasn't been a problem. In fact, I have a pretty good idea as to the volume of food I need to eat now, so I should be able to dial that in better this upcoming week. Finally, I wanted to be able to maintain my strength in the gym, and I've been able to do that as well. First, I'll post the evaluation results, then I'll post my workout progress for the day.


Matt’s Evaluation – Week 1

Weight – 192.2 lbs (down .2lbs from last week)
Body fat % - 10.94% (down .31% from last week)
Body fat lbs: 21.03 lbs (down .61lbs from last week)
Lean lbs: 171.17 (up .41lbs from last week)
Pinch test (millimeters): Chest – 6, Abdominal – 16, Thigh – 14, Tricep – 9 (down 1mm), Subscapular – 10 (down 2mm), Suprailiac – 9 (up 1mm), Midaxillary – 10.
Circumference Measurements (Inches): Bicep – 14.5, Flexed Bicep – 16, Chest 42.00 (up .25 inches), Waist 36 (down .5 inches), Calf – 15.25, Thigh 23.5.
*Note: Waist measurement is around the broadest part of my waist; right below the belly button where I carry all of my fat. It is my goal to reduce this measurement significantly.

 Relaxed Pose

 Relaxed Side Pose

 Flexed Pose

Analysis:

It appears that progress was made, although very small. Measurements can always contain some error, but I feel like we were pretty dead on. Just a slight body fat % decrease, and very small if any circumference changes. I probably ate much more calories than I needed to, therefore slowing down my fat burning potential. I plan on eating slightly less this second week, and hopefully dropping .5 to 1 lb of body weight. Oh yeah, and I didn't really eat healthy every day...need to clean that up some. While I like being around 192, if I want to hit my goal of 8% body fat and maintain all of my lean mass, that means I'll weigh 186lbs. Therefore, I don't need to be overly concerned about dropping a little weight, as long as I'm working out properly and in-taking enough protein to maintain my lean mass.


Leigh’s Evaluation – Week 1
Weight – 119 lbs (see analysis notes)
Body fat % - 25.34% (down 1.31%)
Body fat lbs: 30.16 lbs (down 1.55lbs)
Lean lbs: 88.84 (up 1.55lbs)
Pinch test (millimeters): Chest – 11 (down 1mm), Abdominal – 25 (down 1mm), Thigh – 22 (down 2mm), Tricep – 18 (down 2mm), Subscapular – 16 (down 1mm), Suprailiac – 19 (down 1mm), Midaxillary – 19 (down 1mm).
Circumference Measurements (Inches): Bicep – 10.50 (down .25 inches), Hips 37 (down .25 inches), Waist 30.5 (down .25 inches), Calf – 13, Thigh 20.5.


  Relaxed Pose


  Relaxed Side Pose

 Flexed Pose

Analysis:

Leigh has been weighing in at 117 most of the week, then when she stepped on the scale this morning she was at 119, so that is the weight we used. Weight fluctuates constantly based on what and when you eat, what and when you drink, and for women, multiple other factors. I think her eval numbers make a lot more sense if she has actually dropped the 2 lbs. Overall, it looks like she had some good fat loss. We'll see what the eval tells us next week and that will give us a better picture of what is going on. Thus far we are both encouraged, and will be tweaking the diet more intelligently in the upcoming week.

Matt's Chest and Tricep Workout:

Dumbbell Bench Press:
100lbs - 11 reps
100lbs - 9 reps
100lbs - 7 reps
95lbs - 8 reps
95lbs - 6 reps

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
80lbs - 9 reps
80lbs - 8 reps
75lbs - 10 reps
70lbs - 10 reps


Decline Cable Fly:
55lbs - 8 reps (crappy form)
45lbs - 10 reps
40lbs - 10 reps
40lbs - 10 reps


Reverse Grip Bench Press:
135lbs - 12 reps
145lbs - 11 reps
155lbs - 8 reps
155lbs - 8 reps

Triceps Assault (Dirty Dave's 4 movement skull crusher...painful!)

75lbs - 7, 7, 7, 7 reps
75lbs - 7, 7, 7, 7 reps
75lbs - 7, 7, 7, 7 reps


Rope Pull Down & Weighted Dips
Not tracked

Nutrition was not clean today, going to try to do better on that in week #2.





No comments:

Post a Comment