Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day #9

11:30am Update:

Today is a rest day...which means no BCAAs, just water and some Yohimbine. Lunch time in 30 minutes, and I'm ready for it! I am going to try to consume less calories today than yesterday, but probably not by much. I'm planning on tweaking things a little each week depending upon results, so it's possible next week I'm eating much less on resting days, and back up to eating like crazy on training days. I'm also going with more of a high volume training approach, which is different than what many people do while on I.F. However, I really enjoy the training...so as long as I feel it is productive I'm going to stick with it.

Learn something new everyday.

If you haven't followed what I previous posted about Yohimbine, you are about to be lost here. Anyway, I suppose this makes sense, but it clicked in as I was reading a little more today. Insulin cancels out the alpha-2 inhibitor effect of Yohimbine, and that is why it is useless to take unless fasting. I have been corresponding my Yohimbine supplementation with my BCAA supplementation to make it simple and easy...well...turns out I've most likely been rendering it useless, because insulin levels will raise when the BCAAs are consumed. That means I'll need to stagger when I take the Yohimbine and BCAAs. Furthermore, the utilization period of Yohimbine's a2-inhibiting effect is 30 minutes or so (according to Berkhan with no further research...hope he's right) So, my new supplementation schedule on early morning fasted training days will be as follows:

5:00am - 10g BCAAs
5:00am - 6:00am - Training
6:00am - 7.5mg Yohimbine
7:00am - 10g BCAAs
8:15am - 7.5mg Yohimbine
9:00am - 10g BCAAs
10:15am - 7.5mg Yohimbine
11:00am - 10g BCAAs
12:00pm - FOOD!

This might sound like micromanaging, and I guess it is...but it should be fairly simple for me to keep up with. I'm already doing a similar schedule, now I just have to remember to take the Yohimbine about an hour or so after the BCAA supplementation and I should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment