Friday, April 6, 2012

Here we go again...

Ok, so the last time I started a blog, it didn't turn out so well. The problem is I am not a blogger...I don't have time to sit around all day long and think of clever musings about the universe and convey them in a way that will garner hundreds of interested followers. At least my last blog had pictures on it...no one really cared what I wrote :)

So why in the world am I blogging now? Well, because I've recently become intrigued with the concept of intermittent fasting as a way to burn body fat while maintaining body weight and gaining muscle. Over the past few years through consistent exercise and a reasonably healthy diet, I've dropped my body fat down as low as 10%. I am probably closer to 11% now...but I've always had a goal of getting down to 7 or 8%. This has proven to be exceedingly difficult. I'm sure over time with strict adherence to diet with no cheating and proper exercise I could make it to that goal with my current strategy...but the against the grain concept of intermittent fasting has peaked my interest in a big way...what can I say...I'm a rebel! I also recently talked with a friend of mine named Stephen who is currently 2 weeks into his I.F. (intermittent fasting) routine and he is loving it.

Therefore...in order to hold myself accountable, track my progress, and simply have an outlet to channel through when I'm struggling with adherence...I shall blog!...I think. We'll see if I can make it longer than a week...it will probably be harder to adhere to than the I.F.

Oh yes...a disclaimer for all of you. Those who don't want to hear about how hungry I am...or see weekly evaluation statistics involving body fat %, pinch test measurements, circumference measurements, workout progress, and pictures with my shirt off should go ahead and give up on reading this blog. For those of you who don't mind any of this...this should be an interesting experiment. Don't try this at home (yet). I'll be the guinea pig and we'll see what happens!

- Matt, aka - Major Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment