Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day #10

9:00am Update:

Bagels are Awesome!
No, I didn't have a bagel this morning...but I had one yesterday. I haven't really been on a big bagel kick before, but by fate, I am now a believer in the power of the bagel! My mom bought a 6-pack of blueberry bagels for $1.36 at the store the other day. For some reason or another she decided she didn't want them and gave them to me. I figured, what the heck...I'll take some free food. I looked at the nutritional values, and I was impressed. 245 calories, 52g carbs, 9g protein, and only 1g fat (0 saturated fat). That is exactly the kind of food I'm looking for during my feeding window...high carb, good protein, low fat. The key is toasting them, and then not putting any junk on them like butter, powdered sugar,or cream cheese, etc. So, next time you are at the store, take a look at the nutritional values of some bagels, you might just find yourself a new favorite food item that won't kill your grocery budget.

Leg workout:
I had another good leg workout this morning. Got up at 4:40am, was at the gym just after 5am. I did a few shoulder presses and hamstring curls, but I'm primarily interested in tracking my squats to ensure I'm progressing with my load. For the most part, I went up 10lbs from my last workout. Here is what I did this morning:

Squats (free weights)
135lbs - 8 reps (warm up)
235lbs - 12 reps
265lbs - 10 reps
295lbs - 8 reps
315lbs - 6 reps

Front Squats (free weights, full range of motion)
145lbs - 10 reps
155lbs - 10 reps
165lbs - 8 reps
175lbs - 4 reps


Immediately after the workout (6am) I took 7.5mg of Yohimbine. At 7am I took 10g BCAAs. Oh yes, and I got the Watermelon Madness flavor of the Xtend BCAAs in yesterday...IT-IS-AWESOME! 7.5mg more Yohimbine at 8:15am. And now it's almost 9am, so time for another 10g...really digging the watermelon flavor!



5:00pm Update:

Ate plenty of food again today...maybe more than I needed to. Lunch was a banana, protein shake, a foot long subway roasted chicken on wheat w/ lettuce, tomato, spinach, cheese, and a very little bit of light mayo, also had some yogurt and granola. For afternoon snack I had an apple, muscle milk, mozzarella stick, 1 large blueberry bagel, and 1 small cinnamon bagel. For dinner, I'm going to eat 3-4 chicken tacos w/ beans (black and refried) cheese, guacamole, and lettuce. I probably should skip the frozen yogurt for dessert, but we have so darn much of it left over from our Boot Camp party I'm trying to make use of it. I'll probably finish it all off with a casein protein shake w/ skim milk. If I can burn fat eating all that food...then there is definitely something to this I.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment