Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day #6

8:30am Update:

It's already a great day! Kelsey decided to sleep until about 7am this morning...7am is considered sleeping in around these parts! Leigh is at the gym working legs, when she gets back it's my turn. Going to work out with my brother John. We haven't worked out together in years...I wonder if he still has tree trunk legs like he used to have...guess we'll see. I took 5mg Yohimbine at about 7:30, I'll take another 5g around 9:30, and then I might take another at 11-11:30. From what I understand, the a2 blocking effect doesn't last long after ingestion of the Yohimbine, so it's basically useless if taken while during the fed state where little fat burning is happening. I'm planning on taking my Amino Energy before the workout, and then after, I should be close enough to 12pm to go ahead and eat. If not, I'll take some Xtend BCAAs to bridge the gap. Got a lot to do this afternoon...so the next update will probably be later in the evening.


9:30pm Update:

Leg workout went pretty good. I tried to stress the importance of a proper warm up to my brother John, but you know how brothers are... Anyway, long story short, on the second set John pulled a muscle in his quad, so he ended up having to watch me work legs, but he did get a back and shoulder workout in. He'll be fine in a week. The good news is his form looked pretty good, and he knocked out his first set pretty good. We're going to work out chest and triceps tomorrow. I got a hunch he'll warm up with me this time.

Here are my numbers on squats and front squats. Successfully increased weight from last week! Who says you get weak when you are fasting?

Squats (free weights)
135lbs - 10 reps
225lbs - 12 reps
255lbs - 10 reps
285lbs - 8 reps
305lbs - 6 reps


Front Squats (free weights, full range of motion)
135lbs - 12 reps
145lbs - 10 reps
145lbs - 10 reps
155lbs - 8 reps

I ate a lot today...but didn't eat the best foods. There might have been a ceaser wrap, a cookie, and a hamburger in there somewhere. I'm very curious to see how the eval goes tomorrow. I really have no clue if I'm eating too much, or not enough. I hope I'm eating too much, because I honestly don't know how I could eat more food...I am stuffing myself at every meal. Overall, I'd say week 1 was a success...I was able to adhere to the fasting pretty well, and I made progress with my leg workout. Fingers crossed I see some positive changes in body composition and circumference measurements.

Finished my last bit of food late tonight (8:40pm), but I was planning on eating early tomorrow anyway because we have a class at the church. Eval results and pictures will be up later in the afternoon tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment