Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day #27

Scripture for the Day:

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


The Apostle Paul, writing to the Church in Philippi, encourages them to turn to God in prayer for any and every thing. Notice that Paul didn't say "present your requests to God and he'll answer all of them in the way you want them." This can be a struggle for us at times. We sometimes expect God to be like our magical genie who, at our command, will give us whatever we want so long as we ask in all sincerity. Some people who don't "know" God might even ask for God to do something in order to "prove" that He is real. God can and will do whatever He pleases...but I wonder how often that prayer actually works? Only God knows. What Paul did say was that if you take your requests, problems, issues, etc. to God, He will give you a peace that passes understanding. He'll help you not to worry, and He'll give you a different perspective. Praise the Lord that in His wisdom, He doesn't give us everything we ask for, because sometimes we ask for things that will not be good for us.

Day #27 Update

No, you didn't miss day #26, there was no blog update. I was golfing for part of the day, sleeping for another part of it, and dealing with a sinus infection for all of it. The good news is I got some antibiotics, so I'm on the mend and already feeling much better. The bad news is the antibiotics are killing my appetite. I'm forcing myself to eat, even though I'm not hungry. Dinner last night was pretty small compared to how I've been eating during the I.F. plan. Lunch today was slightly smaller, but I think I probably got a decent amount of calories in. Tomorrow is the big 4 week eval that I initially set my goal for. In some ways the program has been a great success, because I was able to adhere to it with no problems, and I actually enjoy a little more freedom with my choice of calorie content. Dirty little secret - I haven't been eating as clean as I normally do...so if I continue to drop body fat and maintain lean mass, I'll be pretty excited about that.

I had a great leg workout today. Went up in weight, and even did some extra stuff afterwards that I didn't really track. Here is what I did today:

Squats
245lbs - 8 reps
295lbs - 8 reps
315lbs - 6 reps
335lbs - 5 reps

Deep Front Squats (full ROM)
155lbs - 8 reps
185lbs - 6 reps
205lbs - 4 reps

Overhead Barbell Shoulder Press
105lbs - 8 reps
115lbs - 8 reps
135lbs - 5 reps

Shrugs
225lbs - 10 reps
275lbs - 8 reps
295lbs - 6 reps
315lbs - 4 reps

This morning I took 10mg Yohimbine at 7:30am, 9:30am, and 11:30am (post workout). I took 10g Amino Energy BCAAs before the workout. About 20-30 minutes post workout I ate lunch. Drank a protein shake w/ milk, ate an egg, ham, cheese, bellpepper omelet, and a bagel with cream cheese, and a slice of pizza hut pepperoni pizza. I was stuffed before eating the pizza...antibiotics...sigh.

Check back tomorrow afternoon/evening for the week 4 eval. Will have a pretty detailed look at what has happened over the last 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment