Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day #24

I'm still battling a cold, but this morning when I got up I felt better so I got ready for Boot Camp. When I got there, I wasn't sure if I made the right decision as my sinuses started bothering me again. However, once I got the blood flowing, my sinuses opened up and I felt pretty good. Yay for vasodialation!

Before camp at 5:20am I took 10g BCAAs. After the Boot Camp workout I took another 10g BCAAs and then did a leg workout. It felt pretty good, and I went way up on my front squats. Here is what I did:

Squats:
236lbs - 8 reps
291lbs - 8 reps
315lbs - 6 reps
336lbs - 3 reps

Front Squats:
146lbs - 8 reps
178lbs - 6 reps
201lbs - 4 reps

Front Standing Overhead Shoulder Press:
100lbs - 8 reps
122lbs - 6 reps
135lbs - 4 reps

Barbell Shrugs:
225lbs - reps not tracked. Did 3 sets



After the workout I took 10mg Yohimbine. At 8:30am I took 10g more BCAAs, 10mg Yohimbine at 9:30am, and 10g BCAAs at 10:20am. I forgot to take my last dose of Yohimbine at 11:20am. Had a pretty decent lunch, nice afternoon snack, and an ok-ish dinner. I'd have to guess that I ran a caloric deficit today with the Boot Camp calorie burn factored in today.


This Sunday will be my 4 week evaluation, and I'll compare the initial eval side by side to see if there has been significant improvement. If so, then I'll be a believer in the I.F. science, because I certainly haven't eaten as clean during this 4 week time frame as I could have. In fact, I've probably been eating a little worse than usual just because I am trying to eat a lot of calories during my feeding window, and I'm not being as strict about how many of those calories come from fat. Fingers crossed!


Scripture for the day:


Joshua 24:15 "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”


I had a conversation with a friend this week, and our discussion made me think of this verse. The conversation was in the context of a person not agreeing with instruction that God has clearly given simply on the basis of not wanting to submit. If we're all honest, at some point in our lives that could definitely describe us. God referred to the Nation of Israel, His chosen people, as "stubborn and obstinate." That could describe us as well. Joshua breaks it down very clearly as he speaks to the people...he lets them know that they have a choice. If serving the Lord is "undesirable" to them, they can choose to serve idols, false gods, etc. However, Joshua knew who the one true God was, and he made it very clear what he was going to do.


We have that same choice today. Will we serve God with our whole heart? Or, is that "undesirable" because we aren't ready to give up our desires? Choose this day whom you will serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment