Friday, April 26, 2013

A little update

My full time job is working as a Human Resources Manager for a construction company, and we have a double-wide trailer on the property that we converted into a gym. We don't have a ton of equipment, but we've got enough weight to make for a decent workout. I decided to head down to the gym for a lunchtime workout, and had the gym to myself. You ladies may not know this...but anytime a man finds himself in a gym by himself in front of a mirror, the shirt is coming off. This is a scientific fact that is constant at all times. Contrary to popular belief, said man has no decision in the matter. If he does not remove his shirt, the shirt will literally remove itself. This phenomenon is expressed by the following mathematical equation. M x (G + Ref) - oP = M-S. Where M = man, G = gym, Ref = reflection, oP = other people, and S = shirt.

I  haven't taken any updated photos since I "hit the reset button" as described in my last post, so I decided 3 weeks is long enough to see if I've made any progress. I believe that I have, and while I haven't done an updated body composition evaluation, I'd guess I'm back down under 10% again, likely in the 9.5 to 9.75% range. I'm getting back on track to reach my goal of 8% body fat, but I need to be more consistent with my food choices. I've done relatively well, but I've still had a few unnecessary indulgences, mostly in the evenings. My pregnant wife who is wanting to eat bad food all of the time isn't helping me :)


You may ask why are all of these photos in black and white? Well...mostly because I haven't been out in the sun at all yet this year and I am extremely pale. Ah who am I kidding...I stay extremely pale all year round. Black and white photos help hide the ridiculous lack of tan that I have. Yay for genetics!

I'll probably get updated measurements in about 2 weeks. That will give me just over a month between evaluations, and I hope to see some significant body fat % reductions, and a decrease in my waist measurement.

Scripture for the Day:

John 10:7-10 7 So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

A number of years ago a preacher who came to our church was preaching in John 10, and verse 10. One of the most striking things he said, and I still have this note in my Bible today, was to "live beyond the comma" in verse 10. Jesus came that we might have life, and have it abundantly. Sometimes I get the impression that people think being a Christian is boring, or that once you become a Christian you can't have fun, have to be somber, and have to be poor. This couldn't be further from the truth. God has certainly blessed me and my family, and I have a lot of joy. That isn't to say that Christians will never face trouble, heartache, and pain. I pray that I don't have to experience those things often, but I must say that God has blessed me and many other believers I know with an "abundant" life. Ultimately, the only real joy and lasting satisfaction comes through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Temporary pleasures will fail...but peace and joy that comes with having a relationship with the God of the universe will endure in this life, and the life to come!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have walked in on you while you were doing these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have helped me. Do you have any idea how hard it is to pose, flex, and take a photo with a camera phone at the same time?

    ReplyDelete